Spokane Clean Air is proud to recognize businesses that are working to reduce emissions and improve air quality in our community. We provide two recognition programs:
Clean Air Award, presented annually to one recipient.
Doing Our Share for Clean Air, presented every-other-year, to recipients that meet either gold or silver level criteria (more information below).
Past award recipients include:
Doing our Share for Clean Air,
an every-other-year recognition program for
registered facilities that submit the application form and meet the minimum criteria. To view the list of current recipients, for the 2011-2012 cycle, click here.
There are two levels of criteria and recognition.
Level 1 – Silver - Criteria for natural minor sources (which includes most businesses registered with Spokane Clean Air, i.e. gas stations, surface coaters, dry cleaners, etc.):
- Has not been issued a Notice of Violation (NOV) from Spokane Clean Air during the past three years.
- Annual registration form is complete and submitted to Spokane Clean Air by required due date.
- Annual registration fees are paid to Spokane Clean Air by required due date.
Criteria for Air Operating Permit sources and Synthetic Minor sources:
- Has not been issued a NOV from Spokane Clean Air during the past three years.
- Annual emissions inventory complete and submitted to Spokane Clean Air by required due date.
- All required reports submitted by required due date(s).
- All fees are paid to Spokane Clean Air by required due date.
Recognition - When a business submits the recognition form and meets the above criteria, they receive a window decal and listing in our Compliance Assistance Program Update newsletter.
Level 2 – Gold - Criteria for all registered sources is the same.
- Must qualify for level one.
- Implement three out of the five pollution prevention practices listed below:
- Energy Efficiency – lighting, heating/cooling, water heating, equipment, combustion efficiency
- Process changes, source reduction, material substitution
- Sector Specific – back-up generators, boilers, dry cleaners, gas stations, printers, surface coaters
- Transportation – commute trip reduction, no idle policies, cleaner fleet vehicles
- Participated in the agency P2 consultation
Recognition - When a business submits the recognition form and meets the above gold level criteria, they receive a window decal, a list in our Compliance Assistance Program Update newsletter, a certificate presented at our Board of Director's meeting, and other publicity per budget.