Public Records Request
Spokane Clean Air is committed to providing full access to all public records in accordance with the Washington State Public Records Act, Chapter 42.56 RCW. A request for a public record is a public record itself and is subject to disclosure under the Act. We encourage you to read our Public Disclosure Request Policy, before submitting a records request.
Requesting a Public Record
A public record request may be made in person or via phone, mail, or email. You may use this Public Records Request form. Public records requests must be submitted to Spokane Clean Air’s public records officer. If you choose not to use the form, please be sure to provide as much detail as possible in your request so staff can efficiently locate and provide responsive records. This includes:
- Your name and contact information:
- mailing address
- Email address
- Daytime phone number
- Date and time of the request
- Nature of the request, specifically identifying the public records being request.
- If you desire copies, electronic copies, or to inspect the requested records.
- A statement regarding whether the records are being requested for a commercial purpose. The Public Records Act prohibits the use of lists of individuals for commercial purposes [RCW 42.56.070(8)]. “Commercial purposes” means that the person requesting the record intends that the list will be used to communicate with the individuals named in the record for the purpose of facilitating profit-expecting activity. If a list is requested, a completed Commercial Purpose Declaration form must be submitted to Spokane Clean Air for review.
Please submit your public records request in person or via phone, mail, email, or fax to:
Public Records Officer
Spokane Regional Clean Air Agency
3104 E. Augusta Ave., Spokane, WA 99207
Fax: (509) 477-6828
Phone: (509) 477-4727
You will receive a reply to your records request within five (5) business days of the receipt of the request [RCW 42.56.520(1)].
Fees - There is no fee for viewing agency records. Payment for copies of responsive records is required in advance or at the time the requestor receives the records. Spokane Clean Air uses the state legislature’s approved fees and costs as provided in RCW 42.56.120.